Sunday, January 10, 2016

Rish Outcast 33: Beggar's Canyon Part 2

So, The Force Awakens came out,* and I managed to see it on opening day, even though I was pretty tired (my boss saw it the same night, but slept through parts of it). And while I quite enjoyed it, it made me realize that I'm getting old, and that I really ought to be writing more, seeing if I can't get better before the end, maybe say something that inspires or scares or moves somebody. It's not too late.


Which brings us to the matter at hand. The second half of "Beggar's Canyon" in this episode of The Rish Outcast. Like I said last time, it's easy to relate to young Luke Skywalker, who is stuck somewhere, feeling he should be somewhere, doing something, being important, but he isn't.  I can relate, and unless you're the Alpha of your particular pack (in which case, you wouldn't waste time reading this, I'm sure), you can too.

Who accomplishes everything they seek out to do? Who gets all their bucket list checked before the end? Who leaves something that will be remembered when they're gone?
Not me.


Luke Skywalker did, though. Just not at the time this story takes place.



So, feel free to Right-Click the link here to download the story . . .

. . . or you can hear Marshal Latham's edit of it (with Big, Bria Burton, Julie Hoverson, Marshal, Johnny Feisty, Mrs. Marshal, and your mama doing voices) right HERE.

In fact, look at his kick-arse episode art for the show:


Better than mine, sadly.

Rish

*And you know, I don't remember that line "Who are you?" "I'm no one," even being in the movie.  Guess I oughtta see it again.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rish I really enjoyed this story and from your reading it sounded like you were really happy with it. Thank you for posting it. I've never really been a Star Wars fan although I've seen them all, even those three from that other universe. My friend, who I was with at the time and a much bigger fan than I, had me watch Episode One twice in a row. But at least he paid for the ticket and drinks second time around.
    But I still love listening to Big and yourself talk about Star Wars or Comics or TV Shows old and new, I've been listening to The DuneSteef before there were episode numbers. I think it was even the first short-story-audio-fiction-podcast I ever listened to and it set a high bar.
    I want to say I love and appriciate all the hard work and effort you put into all the work you do. Thankyou.

    Love and Regards from the UK to You, Big and Fake Sean Connery, but not Announcer-man or that Robot.
    --Gabbroboccia

    Ps. I haven't listened to the other version of your story from that other podcast yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gabbro. I apologize that I didn't see your comment earlier . . . but it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete